Foaming Chocolate Milk Bath SachetsBy Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall
Enjoy a relaxing, aromatic moment to yourself after making sachets with this milk bath recipe. These also make wonderful family projects and homemade holiday gifts.
1 cup baking soda
1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Vintage handkerchiefs or pretty 10-inch-square scraps of fabric
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
2. Place about 3 tablespoons on the center of a pretty cloth handkerchief.
3. Tie the bundle with a piece of ribbon.
4. Hang the sachet over the bathtub faucet and let warm water run through it.
5. Store the extra milk bath in an attractive, airtight jar. It will keep up to 6 months.
© Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall
Rondi Hillstrom Davis and Janell Sewall Oakes are the co-authors of the award-winning book Together: Creating Family Traditions. To check out their web site that's jam-packed with family ideas, visit TogetherParenting.com.